Thursday, October 13, 2011

Class: What works

I had a good class, and my recent prep, and conversations with KT on next semester's classes, have re-affirmed one basic wisdom:
Imitate my betters. 
KT lent me a cool powerpoint on Persepolis, which I used yesterday and today to produce a decent lecture taking us from Feng Menglong to Lu Xun. I decided to make some cuts to the reading list, ditch this weekend's homework, and have students focus on Lu Xun stories. More planning on that tomorrow.

I made great use of China in Revolution, segment 1:

Since A is coming into Duluth tomorrow instead of me going back to Minneapolis, I find myself with a tiny amount of relatively....wait for it...free time. All I plan to do with this evening is:


  • Work on my conference paper
  • Revise cover letters and CV
  • Start on postdoc bibliography
  • get some grading done
Why that's practically nothing! One day at a time....



No comments:

Post a Comment