Tuesday, September 6, 2011

First Day of School


The first story I will pass out has the line
書生便入籠,籠亦不更廣,書生亦不更小,宛然與雙鵝並坐,鵝亦不驚。

And so the student got right into the cage; the cage neither got any wider, nor did the student get any smaller, and though he sat right there with the geese, the geese were not alarmed. 
When I read it to Adam, he thought of the Cloud Cult song "Journey of the Featherless," which has the lines: 
i think i'm growing feathers
but i'm not sure of it
because i started getting dizzy
about a hundred feet up 
i made friends with the clouds
i made friends with the birds
if you ask a goose a question
he never shuts up 
honestly i miss you
and i hope that you're missing me
cause i could use your lips on me
and a little of Dramamine.
So of course, to be cute and sentimental, I will play this song at the opening of the first class (it will also serve as a good test of the audio).

1 comment:

  1. Aw! Did you play it? Did they appreciate? ...and is that one of your students who made the video? He seems vintage Duluth!

    Honestly, I'm missing you, but I'm pretty lucky....

    ReplyDelete